Winter Activities in Ontario
During your snowy getaway to our lakeside resort, try your hand at some of our favourite winter activities in Ontario. A favourite year-round holiday destination, Lake Simcoe offers a host of things to do in the snow that are perfect for families and visitors inexperienced at intensive winter sports. Discover a whole new side of Canadian winters during your stay at our lakeside resort. Relax and unwind at GLO Spa and our indoor saltwater pool with a sauna after a day of winter activities in Ontario!
- Lake Simcoe Winter Activities
- Ice Rink on Site
- Ice Fishing Hut on Lake Simcoe
- Winter/Christmas Market on Site
- The ROC – Snofest, Snow Tubing, Skiing, Skating
- Snow Shoeing
- Ice Palace Hockey Arena
The Great OutdoorsTrek across a winter wonderland on a snowy hike! Blanketed under a quiet layer of snow, this scenic landscape is perfect for snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and bird-watching. After an afternoon of fun in the snow, why not host a winter bonfire at our outdoor fire pit? Roast marshmallows, warm your hands, and sip hot chocolate or something stronger around a crackling fire!
The ROC is a great local attraction to visit, complete with winter tubing, ski hill, and a great local rink for skating! Other popular winter activities include skating, fat biking and dog sledding.
Ice Fishing Season
By far one of the most popular winter activities in Ontario, Lake Simcoe is a magnet for ice fishing throughout the snowy season. Once the lake freezes over, the ice fishing season is on and fish huts start popping up in popular bays.
Several fishing huts such are locally available and offer all the equipment and set-up needed so beginners can contently fish for lake trout, whitefish, small mouth bass, and yellow perch. For those interested in enjoying fresh catch without participating, enjoy locally-prepared fish at Lakeview Restaurant & Bar!
Check up-to-date Ontario fishing guidelines.
Winter EventsLive like the locals, since Jacksons Point feels like everyone’s hometown during the winter season! Bundle up and head outside to enjoy winter markets and dogsledding, or join groups enjoying drinks in ice fishing huts!
- SnoFest is every family’s favourite free event! With activities for all ages, live performances, and lots of snowy fun, SnoFest at the ROC will spark your family’s excitement this February.
- The Link Winter Market is here to get you in the holiday mood! Browse through stalls of local crafts, baked goods, and amazing works from Ontario artisans. Open on the 3rd Sunday of every month.