Summer Activities in Ontario
Discover the beauty of Jacksons Point through a variety of summer activities in Ontario! In addition to our waterfront location next to Lake Simcoe, our hotel is ideally located near a variety of public beaches, marinas, and hiking trails. Get away from the cycle of everyday life and relax by the water at our outdoor fire pit or lounge in a Muskoka chair with a good book. After a glorious rest in one of our spacious rooms, head out for your day of summer activities in Ontario!
- Lakefront Dock on Lake Simcoe
- Water Sports on Site – Jet-ski, Boat Rental
- Sunrise & Sunset Yoga on the Dock
- Fishing on the Dock
- Nearby Golf Courses
- Nearby Beaches – Franklin, Willow Delasalle
- Sibbald Point Provincial Park
- Local Farm Tours
- Local Marina
- Biking & Hiking Trails
- Georgina Pioneer Village
- Stephen Leacock Theatre
- Georgian Military Museum
Parks & Beaches
Jacksons Point is rich with provincial parks, perfect for family picnics, leisurely hikes, and beach days. For a longer excursion, Sibbald Point Provincial Park has an expansive sandy beach wonderful for building castles, a summertime family museum, and a public boat launch.
One beach day might not be enough! Our hotel is within a 10-minute drive of 3 public beaches: Franklin Beach, Willow Beach, and Filey Beach.
Farm Fresh Food
- Brooks Farms: Offers seasonal pick-your-own fruits and vegetables, a delicious farm market, and a ton of fun farm playground activities for the kids.
- Homestead Orchards: Offers apples, strawberries, raspberries, sweet corn, pumpkins, and squash, as well as delicious baked goods and other artisan-made food products.
Nearby Golf CoursesThe area surrounding Jacksons Point has both 9- and 18-hole golf courses. Book or participate in a tournament for a great group activity at a local course.
- Lakeview House Golf Course: 9-hole course suitable for golfers of all ages and has a basic pro shop.
- Lyndhurst Golf Course: 18-hole course great for when you want more time on the links.
- Orchard Beach Golf & Country Club: 9-hole course established in 1926 and designed by Stanley Thompson.
- Pines of Georgina: 18-hole course winding through trees and water
Cruise down the waterways alongside the gorgeous countryside and take in the scenery from the unique viewpoint as ship’s captain. Discover the great outdoors and many fun summer activities in Ontario!